Thursday 12 November 2009

Little extras!

Command Prompt:





The idea of a Command Prompt was mainly to really think of a nice way to present our Editors letter, so how else but to use the screen that all old fashioned computer users would be so familiar to? It was a simple matter of Print Screening a command prompt box, and erasing all the coding on the inside using the brush tool on Photoshop. We then needed a font that was slightly similar to HTML coding, which luckily Courier New was able to do. It was here that we waffled about the issue just as a real editor would; finally finishing with a catchy internet-related catchphrase, the box was complete. Each command prompt box is different in each issue, and contains different text.

Camera Cartoon:
This camera was used in my (Emily's) issue. I decided that most images of cameras on the internet weren't very diverse, so I decided to create my own. This image has been drawn on Photoshop Elements 6 using a Nisis Graphics Tablet. I personally own a Nikon D40, so I simply placed the camera in front of me, exaggerated the curves, used layers to provide shading, and fiddled with the opacity to create a slightly transparent image. I saved the file as a PNG, so that it was transparent when placed onto the document.

Contents logo:

To make the logo, I used a similar template to the SPAM logo (seen earlier in the blog), except this time round I managed to get through a lot more fun filters [Screencap] that were available. I also changed the "Verify Action 'OPEN SPAM'" to "Verify Action 'OPEN CONTENTS'".

The "Inbox" list:





The drop down list on each front cover (which cannot be displayed on here because all the text is white) has been used similar to the way GoogleMail use theirs. Each issue differs by the colour surrounding the "Inbox"; which was easily edited with Photoshop according to the issue's colour scheme.

No comments:

Post a Comment